TimeLogger version 2.2.0 has been approved by Apple. For some odd reason, the Free version is stuck in Apple's approval queue (good reason to just purchase the full version?).
Among other things, this version adds support for audio recording of voice notes! Check out the User Guide on the TimeLogger page for the full details of what TimeLogger can do. Or click "Read more" below to see the full list of changes.
* The ability to record audio notes! Don't want to type your notes? Now you don't have to!
o Full play/pause and fast scrubbing (fast forward and rewind using a slider) of audio for easy transposition
o Backup and recover audio notes, which means that you can save them on a computer
o Intelligent handling of interruptions, such as phone calls received while recording
o This feature is available on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th generation, and iPad
* Settings allowing you to change the words "Categories," "Clients," "Jobs," "Notes" and "Deductions" within the app
o If other words make more sense for the way you work, you can now better configure TimeLogger to suit your specific needs. For example, change "Clients" to "People" and you can use TimeLogger to track and organize hours for multiple employees. Do you only ever work for one company? Change "Clients" to "Projects" and "Jobs" to "Tasks" and you can keep better track of the specific type of work you are doing.
* Now optimized for iOS4 and Retina Display, so it looads faster and looks better
User Interface and Usability
* Adding new Categories, Clients and Jobs while entering details for a time record now automatically selects the newly added item and takes you back to the time entry to save extra scrolls and taps
* Start and Stop Timer buttons are colored green and red for immediate recognition. Paused timers are colored yellow for the same reason.
* Warnings are now offered before deleting entities that must also delete associated time entries (deleting a Client, for example)
* Added a waiting spinner on backup and recovery for better user feedback (this is needed even more now that audio files are included in the backup and recovery)
* Changed several interface items, buttons, etc. for greater consistency and usability and to improve usability
* In-app User Guide is better formatted for the iPhone screen
* The Start Timer screen load time was dramatically improved
* The Data Cleanup mechanism now includes optimization of the application's file system on the device
* Greatly improved responsiveness on several screens where users have reported slowness when large quantities of data are present
* Fixed the disappearance of the pause/resume/duplicate buttons after saving notes
* Fixed a crash that happened when email features were being invoked from devices that had no email accounts configured
* Changed the feedback/support email address to come to APPideas.com -- our resurrected company name
* Include device and iOS version number in default text of support/feedback email so that we can help better while asking fewer questions