Unable to Email Reports in iOS 9 and app is not in US APP Store

home Forums TimeLogger Technical Support Unable to Email Reports in iOS 9 and app is not in US APP Store

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Angel Lily 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

gnweinreich
    Participant

What has happen to TimeLogger? For some reason with iOS 9 I am unable to email reports. Likewise it is no longer available in the US APP store. I emailed support but have not received any communication from support.

wguttmn
    Participant

Same here; when trying to send (weekly) reports, the app just crashed.

Barry Heap
    Participant

Same here,

Try to email or csv file, locks up.

And it’s also disappeared from the Australian App store…

And I have 4 years of data locked up in it with all my annual leave days that I was logging to make sure my forgetful boss didn’t short me.

Now what am I going to do?

Support not answering.

Les Edwards
    Participant

Yep, same here. I can no longer email the CSV file, which is the only way to backup my data, and the only way to easily compile everything for billing my clients. Since TimeLogger is no longer listed on the iTunes app store, I assume APPideas has gone out of business. RIP. It was a great program. Anyone have any ideas for a substitute?

katoray
    Participant

Same problem for me. Here is a workaround that worked for me…

In the iTunes App section of the device there is a File Sharing segment. The file will be located there and you can drag it to your desktop.

Here is the procedure:
    1. Go to TimeLogger
    2. Select Time Entries
    3. Select Options and choose appropriate dates
    4. Select Done
    5. Select CSV
    6. When TimeLogger quits, connect iPhone/iPad to computer
    7. Open iTunes
    8. Select iPhone/iPad
    9. Allow to sync (not sure if this is necessary)
    10. Select Apps in settings menu (on left side)
    11. Scroll down to File Sharing
    12. Select TimeLogger
    13. In the Documents section you should see a .csv file
    14. Drag the .csv file to desktop or other folder

Hope this helps.

costmo
      Keymaster

FYI, step 9 shouldn’t be necessary.

But thank you for taking the time to share this process. It is really appreciated!

Bruce Balestier
    Participant

I could really use some support on just making this to be able to email. 🙁

Kimbol Soques
    Participant

Thanks, katoray, for the workaround — this will keep me afloat for a while!
    And no, syncing is not necessary — the CSV file appears in its most updated form in the File Sharing window. I tested it!

costmo
    Keymaster

Hello everyone,

I sincerely apologize for the problems you have been having.

We have been having a very difficult time getting an update that fixes this issue submitted to Apple for approval. The final issue that we have been dealing with for the past couple of weeks is related to Pebble watch support, and we have had to make the unfortunate decision to discontinue Pebble watch features. Pebble simply isn’t supporting app developers enough to make it worth this much trouble.

We have finally gotten a version submitted to Apple for iOS 9 that resolves the issue of not being able to deliver CSV files, and we are reasonably confident that the update will be available any day now.

It is important to know that none of the data you have been keeping while this problem has gone on will be lost.

We truly appreciate your patience and support!

P.S. We are also working on a major update to TimeLogger that will give you a much nicer User Interface and willhave a native iPad interface. Whether you bought TimeLogger yesterday or 7 years ago, the update will be free, so be on the lookout.

Thank you!

Jared O’Connor
    Participant

Just wondering where has just the standard email feature has gone from the Time Entires screen as sending via .csv doesnt work with how we use timelogger? Is it coming back any time soon?

Nigel Dean
    Participant

Hi any news on this problem. I still can not transfer my data which I need urgently to send out invoices.

Nigel

Angel Lily
      Participant

Hello
      Same problem here.
      best regards
      angellily

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.