Instant crash after app update

home Forums TimeLogger Technical Support Instant crash after app update

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  costmo 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

chillbar
    Participant

I just updated to the latest version (with the new app icon) and when I try to launch the app it instantly crashes. I have a months worth of time logged into the app and I’m a bit concerned about losing all those records.

Device: iPhone 4s
    IOS v5.1.1

Some items from the crash log (I’m typing this by hand or I would include the entire log)
    Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x00000001, 0xe7ffdefe
    Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
    Library not loaded:
    /system/library/frameworks/adsupport.framework/adsupport
    Referenced from: /var/mobile/applications/43808B06-A450-42B5-B0C1-1990825A21A4/TimeLogger.app/TimeLogger
    Reason: image not found
    Dyld Version 199.6

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  chillbar. Reason: add log info

costmo
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have two other reports from people running iOS 5. We’ll track it down and get an update released as soon as possible.

In the meantime, is there a reason you don’t upgrade your device to a later version of iOS? iOS version 5 in on less than one-tenth of a percent of all Apple mobile devices when the original iPad is excluded from the analysis. Our next feature release will exclude versions of iOS prior to 6.

Thanks.

costmo
    Keymaster

About an hour after sending this reply, we found the problem, fixed it in code and submitted the update for Apple’s approval.

Keep an eye out for TimeLogger Free version 2.5.5 in your App Store updates.

Thanks again for reporting this problem to us.

Volker Liesenhoff
    Participant

Hithere,

any good new regarding the Pro version of TimeLogger for OS 5.1.1 for mz “old IPad one??

Its a mass for me, I cant invoice my customers now!!

I have tried the free app but get no access to the database im ma cloud.

I please you to help soon, thanks

BR
    Volker

costmo
    Keymaster

Hi Volker,

The paid version shouldn’t have any problems with iOS 5 and the latest free version was approved by Apple a few hours ago. If you started with the free version and upgraded it, you will have the same issue as the free version had.

Please send me another email message if you are still having problems.

Thanks

costmo
    Keymaster

I apologize… We did discover a similar issue in the paid version of TimeLogger this evening. The fix has been implemented and delivered to Apple for approval. You should expect to see that within the next couple of days.

To shed a little light on this issue… This came about due to a change in the latest version of Apple’s Xcode, which included a new option for how to link required libraries. This new option set all of the existing linked libraries to “Required” whereas that setting was implicitly defined as “Optional” previously. In this case, the requirement for the iAd library was set without us realizing it, and the iAd library is not available in iOS 5. Even that would not have gone unnoticed except that Apple no longer provides developers with a way to test on iOS 5.

By the way, we are going to have to drop support for iOS 5 in our next major feature release. You will still be able to use the app in iOS 5 and we will continue to provide updates if there are problems, but there will not be any new major features. Unfortunately, Apple has made it so that we can no longer test our apps on iOS 5, and uncaught bugs are increasingly difficult to find, and will soon be impossible to find. Given the fact that less than one-tenth of one percent of our users (fewer than one in a thousand) are on iOS 5, we just can’t afford to maintain old devices to support it much longer.

I wish it were better news, but that’s the way technology goes.

Thanks for getting in touch.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.